Kathmandu sightseeing tour is one of the famous city tours in Nepal. This is a short tour among the other tours in Nepal. Mainly, we distribute one full day tour around Kathmandu city.
There are many other places to visit in Kathmandu valley. While doing Kathmandu sightseeing we cover 4 major places in a day. If you like to visit all the places in the valley you will need to add more days.
Also, there are many activities to do in Kathmandu.We sort the most popular activity here that is done in Kathmandu. Sightseeing tour is for those who have a short time and who want to explore the historical places with the culture of Nepal.
This short tour provides you with enough visit to the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Nepal which are located in Kathmandu, Lalitpur and Bhaktapur. These are the cities inside the Kathmandu valley.
Highlights of Kathmandu Sightseeing Tour
- Take in the natural beauty and scenic villages.
- Swayambhunath; known as the Monkey Temple,the oldest stupa in Nepal.
- Experience the reverence of devout Hindu monks at their most sacred temple in the world.
- Visit the ancient Newar town of Bhaktapur, one of the oldest in Nepal.
- Home to some of the richest talent in carvings, pottery and weaving.
- A welcome respite from the hustle and bustle of Kathmandu.
- A tourist-themed market with Wi-Fi.
- Learn how to prepare a range of traditional dishes.
- Buy local produce, clothing and local handicrafts.
- Try authentic and tasty Nepali dishes and chutneys.
Kathmandu Sightseeing Tour Itinerary
- Day : Arrival Kathmandu
- Day : Full day Kathmandu Sightseeing (Boudhanath, Pashupati and Bhaktapur) and drive to Nagarkot
- Day : Back to Kathmandu and Sightseeing (Patan, Monkey Temple and Kathmandu Durbar)
- Day : Departure
Upon arrival, Elite Treks representative take you to the hotel. If the time remains, we will take a short visit around Thamel. In the evening, there will be a welcome dinner provided by Elite Treks with the cultural show.
Today, after breakfast we start sightseeing tour in Kathmandu which is listed in UNESCO world heritage site inside Kathmandu. At first, we drive to the Buddha stupa which is 7 KM far from the centre of Kathmandu, Which is the biggest Buddhists pilgrimage site. After that, we visit Hindus biggest pilgrimage site called Pashupati Temple. Near to the Buddha Stupa. On finishing these two pilgrimage sites we move towards Nagarkot. On the way to Nagarkot, we stop at Bhaktapur Durbar Square. Bhaktapur Durbar square is rich in ancient Nepali art and culture. Read more about Bhaktapur Durbar Square. After that, we drive to Nagarkot.
Nagarkot, situated at 7200 ft above the sea level providing the stunning views of Himalayan. This is for the sunrise and sunset views of the mountains. Overnight in Nagarkot.
In the morning after breakfast, we start our journey toward Kathmandu valley. On arriving Kathmandu valley we entre to the Patan Durbar Square. It is rich in art and architecture. After Patan, our journey is for Shayambhu Stupa. This is the oldest stupa of Nepal. It is also known as the Monkey temple. Shayambhu stupa is pilgrimage site, besides that, we can explore the whole Kathmandu valley view from here.
From there we go down to the Kathmandu Durbar Square. Here we can get the most famous art and architecture from the period of the Malla Dynasty build at the time ruling here. They ruled here from 12th to 18th century. In the evening we come back to the hotel through the local market.