Manaslu Circuit Trek began from the Arughat up to where we can take vehicle before starting the trekking. It is the adventurous trek with the splendid view of the Mount Manaslu. This is the eighth highest peak in the world at 8163 meters high from sea level.
Larkey La Pass is the highest point in this trek at the elevation of 5125 meters. This trek offers an ideal mixture of the cultural heritage of Himalayan people and the beauty of nature. The name Manaslu is derived from the Sanskrit word Manasa that means ‘soul or intellect’ and commonly known as Mountain of Spirit.
It is the trek around the Manaslu region and takes around 17 days to complete. Along with the mountain views, we could get a chance to observe the traditional villages. After crossing the rivers, forests, different higher and lower hills, finally, we will be closed to the great Himalayan range of Manaslu.
Short Itinerary of Manaslu Circuit Trek
- Day 01: Arrival at the Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu
- Day 02: Trek preparation and Sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Day 03: Drive to Arughat (700m) To Soti Khola (815m) by drive
- Day 04: Trek to Machhikhola (930m)
- Day 05: Trek to Yaru Khola (1330m)
- Day 06: Trek to Philim (1590m)
- Day 07: Trek to Bihi Phedi (2130m)
- Day 08: Trek to Namrung (2660m)
- Day 09: Trek to Sama Gompa (3530m)
- Day 10: Rest day in Samagaon
- Day 11: Trek to Samdo (3690m)
- Day 12: Trek to Dharamshala (4470m)
- Day 13: Trek to Larkya La Pass (5160m) and down to Bhimtang (3750m)
- Day 14: Trek to Tilije (2310m)
- Day 15: Trek toTal (1700m)
- Day 16: Tal to Besisahar to Back to Kathmandu by drive
- Day 17: Departure
Trekking | Hiking
Flora & Fauna
Due to the rich in biodiversity, Manaslu region is a sanctuary to many endangered birds and animals including Red Pandas and Snow Leopards. This region contains many mammals like; lynx, Asian Black Bear, Grey Wolf, Dhole, Assam macaque, Himalayan Musk Deer, Blue Sheep, Himalayan Tahr, Mainland Serow, Himalayan Goral, Woolly Hare, Horseshoe Bat, Himalayan mouse-hare and Black-Lipped Pika. Over 110 species of birds, 33 mammals, 11 butterflies and 3 reptiles came into count up to now. The conservation program is on running in this region also hunting is strictly banned in this region.
This region is covered with three main categories of vegetation. These depend on the basis of altitude and geostructure with its dominant green forest and species. There are 19 types of forest including the mostly inhabitant of Rhododendron and blue pine trees. Also, many medicinal herbs were recorded.
Different Climatic Zones of Manaslu
Manaslu region consists of six different climatic zones varies as follow:
- the tropical and subtropical zone, elevation varies from 1,000–2,000 metres (3,300–6,600 ft);
- the temperate zone (within elevation range of 2,000–3,000 metres (6,600–9,800 ft);
- the sub-alpine zone elevation range of 3,000–4,000 metres (9,800–13,100 ft);
- the alpine zone, a range of 4,000–5,000 metres (13,000–16,000 ft)) meadows;
- and the arctic zone (lying above 4,500 metres (14,800 ft))
The temperature of the region varies as follow:
|Region||Summer Temperature||Winter Temperature|
|Subtropical||Varies from 31 to 34 °C||Varies from 8 to 13°C|
|Temperate Climatic||Varies from 22 to 25 °C||Varies from -2 to -6 °C|
|Subalpine||During December to May; Snowfall Occurs
Annual Temperature varies from 6 to 10 °C