Annapurna Circuit Trek is the adventurous trek in the Annapurna region with the scenic view of mountains and landscapes views of the hill. The warm relaxing feeling of bathing at hot spring, the trek will enter the world’s deepest gorge Kali Gandaki River. Getting the geography and historical knowledge of Muktinath, Manang and the Jomsom valley, the trek will complete. Passing through the mountain villages populated by different racial groups, learning about their culture and lifestyle.
The first day of Annapurna circuit trek begins with the sightseeing Kathmandu valley and visiting world heritage sites of the valley. The second day you might be driven to Khudi via Pokhara. After that, the trek begins and trek to Sirung. The trek includes Jagat, Dharapani, Chame, and Pisang continually and stop at Manang.
Trekking in the high altitude, acclimatization is the most important thing. So, you spent a day in Manang. After that, the route cross Yak Kharka, Thorong Phedi, and Muktinath. Muktinath is the most popular religious site. And cross the Throng La Pass. The circuit trek include Poon Hill to see the best sunrise view via Marpha, Tatopani, and Ghorepani. After that to complete the trip you will trek through the Tadapani and Ghandruk to Pokhara.
EliteTreks provides this standard Annapurna circuit trek itinerary. If you are not compilable with the itinerary feel free to contact us. Also, for any trekking and tour in Nepal, do remember us. We can provide you the program itinerary & cost with customizing as per your request.
Annapurna Circuit Trek Short Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu
- Day 02: Trek to Khudi
- Day 03: Trek to Bahunadada
- Day 04: Trek to Jagat
- Day 05 – Trek to Dharapani [1920m/6299 ft]
- Day 06 – Trek to Chame [2630m/8629 ft]
- Day 07 – Trek to Upper/Lower Pisang [3190m/10466 ft]
- Day 08 – Trek to Manang [3520m/11549 ft]
- Day 09 – Rest day in Manang [3520m/11549 ft]
- Day 10 – Trek to Letdar [4250m/13944 ft]
- Day 11 – Trek to Thorung Phedi [4500m/14764 ft]
- Day 12 – Trek to Muktinath [3800m/12467 ft], crossing the Thorung La
- Day 13 – Trek to Marpha [2665m/8743 ft]
- Day 14 – Trek to Lete [2470m/8104 ft] (now often with car or mountain bike)
- Day 15 – Trek to Tatopani [1160m/3806 ft] (now often with car or mountain bike, day 14)
- Day 16 – Trek to Ghorepani [2775m/9104 ft]
- Day 17 – Trek to Birethanti [1050m/3445 ft] and travel to Pokhara
- Day 18 – Return to Kathmandu [1400m/4593 ft]
Bus | Car | Plane
Hiking | Trekking
Mount Annapurna is the tenth highest peak in the World having 8,091 meters height from the sea level. Annapurna massif has 6 famous, well known, important peaks over 7000 meters elevation. These are listed below:
- Annapurna I (main peak) having elevation 8,091m ranked 10th highest,
- Annapurna II having elevation 7,937m ranked 16th highest,
- Annapurna III having elevation 7,555m ranked 42nd highest
- Annapurna IV having elevation 7,52m
- Gangapurna having elevation 7,455m ranked 59th highest,
- Annapurna South having elevation 7,219m ranked 101st
Natural Hot Spring
In the Annapurna region, there is more natural hot spring. We will cross 2 or 3 natural hot spring pond suitable for taking a hot spring water bath with free of cost. These hot spring ponds are located on the way to Annapurna Base Camp. It is believed that, if we take bath with hot spring our body will free from different diseases.
Sunrise and Sunset
Poon hill is the famous place for sunrise and sunset in the Annapurna region. While viewing the sunrise and sunset view from Poon Hill, we can get chance to see the stunning views of the mountain ranges like Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Himchuli, Machhapuchhre, Gangapurna etc. Also, Sarangkot is also another popular place to see sunrise and sunset, which is near from Pokhara city. Pokhara is known the as a city of lakes.
Gurung and Magar are the major cast found in the Annapurna region. Himalayan villages; Lndruk, Ghandruk, and Chhomorung are the popular traditional village of Gurung and Marag people. We can get the chance to visit the traditional museum in Ghandruk which shows the traditional tools as will culture and cultural dresses.
Flora and Fauna
Nepal is rich in biodiversity. Below the 1000 meters elevation, the climate is quite tropical, these are cultivated area. Different types of flowering and non-flowering plants are found in this region. Different species of Rhododendron and the Orchid are the major plants. And this region is the habitat of the rare animals like blue sheep and Himalayan Thar, snow leopards, musk deer. Also the living place of Yeti, which is already disappearing from this region.