Everest Base Camp Trek itinerary is for the base camp trek. It is the most popular destination for the trek. Everest base camps are located two sides of Mount Everest. One is on the South base camp and another is North Basecamp. South located on Nepal side and north is on Tibet side at an altitude of 5,364 meters and 5,150 meters respectively. These camps are primary base on Mount Everest which is used by mountain hikers during hiking. Nepal side is used when trekking through the Southeast Ridge, while trekking through northeast ridge is using via Tibet.
Trekkers are taken to the Everest base camp from the south by Sherpas or porter and with the help of animals. Yaks are used usually from the south while there has vehicle facility up to the base camp. No need to do hiking from Tibet part, but hiking and trekking is most necessary from Nepal side.
The Everest Base camp trek on Nepal side is popular trekking route to the Mount Everest and visited by more than thousands of people every trekking season. The trek generally starts from Kathmandu fly to Lukla. Before beginning the trek, it is the better idea to take flight from Kathmandu to save time and energy. There is also another trekking route up to Lukla, which takes more 5 to 6 days from Kathmandu by drive and hiking.
List of Everest Base camp Trek Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival In Kathmandu
- Day 02: Kathmandu to Lukla by flight and trek to Phakding
- Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazaar from Phakding
- Day 04: Rest in Namche
- Day 05: Trek to Tengboche from Namche
- Day 06: Trek to Dingboche
- Day 07: Rest in Dingboche
- Day 08: Trek to Lobuche
- Day 09: Trek to Gorkhashep and Everest Base Camp and back to Gorkhashep
- Day 10: Early morning trek to Kalapatthar and back Pheriche
- Day 11: Pheriche to Namche
- Day 11: Hike back to Lukla
- Day 12: Lukla To Kathmandu
- Day 13: Final Departure