It is the most common question for all travelers actually to the trekker is that Why is Everest Base Camp Trek popular. Simply, Mount Everest (8,848 m) is the highest peak in the world so its base camp trek is so famous in the world. There are many other mountains base camp and also people use to trek. Because of the high priority towards Mt. Everest, most of the people wants to climb it. Besides that, it is not a joke to climb Mt. Everest for the normal people. So, optionally we want to do base camp trek to the Everest.
If I ask someone, where you want to do trek? I hope I’ll get the same answer “Everest base camp”, so I reply base camp of Everest is most popular trek.
Every year 40k to 60k people visit E.B.C in the increasing order. Apart from wonderful scenery of Everest range, travelers to this region can involve to the unique culture of Sherpa with the monasteries along the way to base camp.
List of being Everest Base Camp Trek Popular
- UNISCO world heritage site, Sagarmatha National Park.
- Mainly, base of the highest peak/mountain of the world.
- Close and scenic view of the Mount Everest and its ranges.
- Experience of unique and the ancient culture of Sherpa people.
- Monasteries and the cultural museum on the way to Everest Base Camp.
- Great hospitality and kind hearted people.
- Panorama views of Mt. Everest including Lhotse, Amadablam, Nuptse, and many more over 8000 meters.
- Bus | Car | Plane
- Above 2
- Hiking | Trekking
Everest Base Camp Trek Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival In Kathmandu
- Day 02: Kathmandu to Lukla by flight and trek to Phakding
- Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazaar from Phakding
- Day 04: Rest in Namche
- Day 05: Trek to Tengboche from Namche
- Day 06: Trek to Dingboche
- Day 07: Rest in Dingboche
- Day 08: Trek to Lobuche
- Day 09: Trek to Gorkhashep and Everest Base Camp and back to Gorkhashep
- Day 10: Early morning trek to Kalapatthar and back Pheriche
- Day 11: Pheriche to Namche
- Day 11: Hike back to Lukla
- Day 12: Lukla To Kathmandu
- Day 13: Final Departure
Unique points of being Popular
Incredible Flight to Lukla
Basically, every Everest region treks are started with the incredible 30 minutes flight to Lukla from Kathmandu domestic airport. Only, flight is not the way of reaching to Lukla, it is the shortest way. We can also reach by land but it takes numbers of days. Flight to Lukla is itself a adventure and also the preferred to get to Everest. Lukla airport is located at atop a cliff while the end of the airport is drop downward in the one end of the runway, which is the shortest runway in the world. Moreover, this flight offers magnifying and the panorama views of mountains including Mount Everest.
Major Attraction of Being Famous
Sagarmatha (Everest) National Park
Most of the trekking routes of Everest region are inside the Sagarmatha national park. National Park is spread 1,148 square KM in Himalayan of the Khumbu region of Nepal. This national park is established in 1976 and listed on UNESCO world heritage site in 1979 AD. This park consists the world’s highest peak of the world Mount Everest (8848 meters).
Sherpa people and their Culture
Everest is mainly famous for Sherpa’s culture and traditions. About 300-400 years back, they are migrated from Kham region of Tibet and started living in Everest region of Nepal till now. Most of the Sherpa people work in mountaineering and expedition, they are known as the ethnic group. They speak their own language. During the Everest region trekking, we will visit the Sherpa village there.
Flora and Fauna
Almost in Nepal, we can find varieties of Flora and Fauna. Similarly, the Everest region is also rich in flora and fauna. Birch, Jupiter pines, firs, bamboo, and rhododendron are found in the lower zone while all vegetation of dwarf and shrubs are found in the upper zone of Everest region.
118 species of birds including Himalayan monal, and rare mammals including musk deer, snow leopard, Himalayan black bear and red panda use to taking shelter in this region.
This is the famous Tibetan Buddhist monastery and also called as Dwa Choling Gompa located in Tengboche village. It was built 1916 by Lama Gulu. We can see the best eye-catching views of Mt. Everest, Mt. Amadablam, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Lhotse and other mountains.
Ready little from Quora about “Why Everest base Camp Treks is famous“